Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why The Dewey Decimal System?




Among these three classification systems, The Dewey Decimal System, Library of Congress, and Book Store Method, I would have to pick The Dewey Decimal System for use in my Library.



The Dewey Decimal System is the system in which I am most comfortable, I have the most experience with, and I feel it is the most user friendly. It is easy to teach others how to use this system effectively. Even young children can become familiar with the components of this system. Whether it be presenting them with visuals such as posters or singing catchy songs or rhymes to them so that they understand the categories of the system. Whatever the case may be, I feel The Dewey Decimal System is right for any library especially my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment